5 Off-Campus Activities Every Student in Wilmington Should Do Before They Graduate
UNCW students are the luckiest, because beach college! How fun is it to get your education just a few minutes from the Atlantic Ocean?
While you’re in Wilmington, students, don’t forget to reach out and try some of the fun things the Port City has to offer. Step off the UNCW campus and try all these activities at least once before you graduate.
1. Experience Water Sports
Sure it’s fun to sunbathe and swim, but some of the active water sports are amazing. Try surfing, for instance. Or experience stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) or kayaking on the ocean or the sound. Athletes might like to check out kiteboarding, which requires a little muscle.
2. Go Out on the Town
- It’s so much fun to see a play at Wilmington’s Thalian Hall, TheatreNow, Big Dawg, or several other theaters. Thalian shows Cinematique movies Mondays through Wednesdays, too.
- Don’t miss the live concerts at Greenfield Ampitheatre, the Brooklyn Arts Center, or plenty of smaller venues around town. Live shows are one of the best parts of being a college student!
- If you like to laugh, see a show at the Dead Crow Comedy Club.
- Need a ride on your evening out? Call Event Shuttle Service at (910) 398-8333 to book a shuttle for you and your friends. Our Mercedes Benz Party Sprinter seats 12 in comfort and great style and you don’t have to worry about driving! It’s super affordable, too, and has TVs, DVD, and a stocked cooler.
3. Get Out of Town
Take a trip out of Wilmington once in a while! Go see a Panthers home game, hit a nearby amusement park, or go shopping in Myrtle Beach. Event Shuttle Service is there to do the driving so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
4. Look Around the Off-Campus World
There’s a whole world off campus—go sightseeing! Ride behind some cool clopping horses, take a boat ride on the Cape Fear River, or grab some friends and ride the trolley while you learn about Wilmington. And don’t miss the Ghost Walk!
5. Camp at Freeman Park
You know how sometimes you hate to leave the beach at the end of the day? You can actually stay all night, camping at Freeman Park on Carolina Beach. Do it once before you graduate!
Wherever you want to go off-campus from UNCW, Event Shuttle Service can help. With a variety of limos and shuttles, we offer safe, chauffeured rides about town so you can go on adventures without worrying about transportation. Call Event Shuttle Service today at (910) 398-8333 to reserve a ride on your next off-campus activity!