“A Chef’s Life” Overnight Trip & Tour March 24 & 25, 2015
Join Totally Travel, LLC and Event Shuttle Service for an overnight trip as we tour several notable locations in and around Kinston, NC that have been featured on the PBS series “A Chef’s Life,” and other Kinston points of interest.
Meet owners Chef Vivian Howard and Ben Knight if available, and hear about Vivian’s personal Southern landscape of food and the growers who inspire her.
In 2006, Vivian and Ben opened Chef & the Farmer to celebrate the culture and cuisine of Eastern North Carolina. Everything from the bread to the ice cream is made in house and all summer long Chef & the Farmer’s kitchen staff puts up preserves, pickles and jellies to be enjoyed all year long. Combining polished yet warm service, a killer wine list and exceptional innovative food, Chef & the Farmer has earned the reputation of a destination restaurant worth the trip.
Tuesday, March 24th
- Depart Event Shuttle Service in Wilmington – 8am
- Arrive Kinston Chamber of Commerce – 10am
- Farmer’s Market – Visit the Farmer’s Market – 10:15am
- Brothers Farm – Meet the Warren Brothers and see the farm where many episodes of A Chef’s Life have been filmed.
- Chef’s Life cast member Lillie Hardy will show us how to make biscuits the old fashioned way.
- Enjoy a boxed lunch prepared by Queen Street Deli. – 11am
- Tour Nooherooka Naturaland & the historic Benjamin Best Inn.
- Experience a private Tea Time featuring Nooherooka hors d’oeuvres. – 2:30pm
- Tour Mother Earth Brewing – 5:00pm
- Check in at hotel – 5:45pm
- Dinner at Chef & The Farmer – 7pm (not included in price, order off menu, pay individually)
Wednesday, March 25th
- Tour Kinston Arts Council Exhibits – 9am
- Country Store from A Chef’s Life for Pepsi & peanuts – 10am
- Tour of downtown Kinston with Chamber Guide – 11am
- Shopping at Heritage Landing specialty shops & boutiques – 11:30am
- Lunch at the Boiler Room – 12:30pm (not included in price, order off menu, pay individually)
- CSS Neuse Interpretive Center – See up close the remnants of the ironclad gunboat, a product of the Confederate
- Navy’s ill-fated attempt to retake the City of New Bern. – 1:45pm
- Tour Harriet’s Chapel at Kinston Battlefield – 2:30pm
- Depart for Wilmington – 3:30pm
Price: $249 per person based on double occupancy paid by cash or check, $262 paid by credit card. Price includes luxury transportation from Wilmington, 1 hotel night, 1 lunch, guide & taxes.
Itinerary subject to change, times are approximate and space is limited.
For more information or to reserve your tour, contact:
Karen at Totally Travel, LLC 910-392-1502 or nights/weekends 910-397-7777